$3,500 is the average cost to move a two bedroom house in the United States in 2019 according to movers.com. Read on to learn more about what is involved in moving a 2 bedroom house.
2 bedroom houses are small to medium in size depending on the layout and design of your home. It will be some work to move the contents safely and securely to your new property. That is where Professional Movers International comes in! They have the skilled expertise to be able to pack your existing home, transport, unpack and set up your new home safely.
Local & Long Distance Moving Costs
It’s a great idea to get in-home estimates from any company you are thinking about hiring, the following will give you a reasonable idea of what you can expect to pay for your a 2-bedroom house move.
- If your move is going to local (less than 100 miles), movers typically charge by the hour — with an average rate of about $100 per hour for a truck and two movers. However, a two-bedroom house usually takes between four and six hours to move so you are going to be looking at $400 to $600 just for the labor. In addition you may face additional charges for services such as:
- Moving items up and down stairs
- Elevator carries
- Long carries
- Shuttle service
- Temporary storage
- Packing services and materials
- If your move is long-distance (greater than 100 miles), the cost is determined by the weight of your property, the distance the movers will be driving plus the cost of specific services and additional insurance if you want. Prices can differ, but the following list will help give you an idea of a standard range based on a two-bedroom house move with 4,500 lbs of material:
Cost to move a 2-bedroom house 500 Miles
- Transportation Only: $2,000
- Unloading Services: $2,300
- Monthly Storage: $2,300
- Unloading And Storage: $2,700
Cost to move a 2-bedroom house 1,000 Miles
- Transportation Only: $3,200
- Unloading Services: $3,500
- Monthly Storage: $3,600
- Unloading And Storage: $3,900
Cost to move a 2-bedroom house 3,000 Miles
- Transportation Only: $4,900
- Unloading Services: $5,300
- Monthly Storage: $5,300
- Unloading And Storage: $5,700
Please note these prices are only estimated so that the final costs will differ. The weight of your home obvious depends on how much furniture and other possessions you plan on moving.
How Much Does Storage Cost?
The list below gives you a rough estimate of the costs for both standard and climate-controlled storage units, in three different sizes related to 2-bedroom homes. The amount of property you have to store will determine the size you need.
- Standard: $95 to $150
- Climate Controlled: $150 to $180
- Standard: $120 to $200
- Climate Controlled: $200 to $275
- Standard: $165 to $300
- Climate Controlled: $285 to $400
We are a knowledgeable and experienced professional moving company and are used to clients needing their homes moved. We can handle moving your 2-bedroom house; we have a sanitized truck fleet to keep your property protected and will help you with the logistics and scheduling of your move with ease.
Don’t panic about your upcoming 2-bedroom move. Hire a professional moving company, plan out the moving details, and look ahead to your brand new home!