On average, the cost to move a 3-bedroom house is $6,600; with costs ranging from $2,400 for a local move, all the up to $10,800 for a long-distance move in the US in 2019, based on 3-bedroom moving costs provided by movers.com.
A 3 bedroom house can be medium to very large depending on the design of the home. Therefore, it will be a substantial task to move the contents safely and securely to your new property. That is where Professional Movers International comes in! They have the skilled expertise to be able to pack your existing home, transport, unpack and set up your new home safely.
Local & Long Distance Moving Costs
It’s a great idea to get in-home estimates from any company you are thinking about hiring, the following will give you a reasonable idea of what you can expect to pay for your a 3-bedroom house move.
- If your move is going to local (less than 100 miles), movers typically charge by the hour — with an average rate of about $100 per hour for a truck and two movers. However, a three-bedroom house will probably need three to four movers increasing the hourly rate to about $150 to $170.
A three-bedroom house move often takes around 6-10 hours, costing your move at about $900 to $1,700 for labor. You may be charged extra for specific services like long carries or stairs.
- If your move is long-distance (greater than 100 miles), the cost is determined by the weight of your property, the distance the movers will be driving plus the cost of specific services and additional insurance if you want. Prices can differ, but the following list will help give you an idea of a standard range based on a three-bedroom house move with 8,000 lbs of material:
Cost to move a 3-bedroom house
- 100 miles: $2,400
- 500 miles: $3,400
- 1,000 miles: $ 4,600
- 3,000 miles: $9,400
Cost to move a 3-bedroom house with packing services
- 100 miles: $43,000
- 500 miles: $4,000
- 1,000 miles: $5,200
- 3,000 miles: $10,000
Cost to move a 3-bedroom house with mover’s insurance
- 100 miles: $3,200
- 500 miles: $4,100
- 1,000 miles: $75,300
- 3,000 miles: $10,100
Cost to move a 3-bedroom house with insurance and packing services
- 100 miles: $3,800
- 500 miles: $4,800
- 1,000 miles: $6,600
- 3,000 miles: $10,800
Please note these prices are only estimated so that the final costs will differ. The weight of your home obvious depends on how much furniture and other possessions you plan on moving.
How Much Does Storage Cost?
The list below gives you a rough estimate of the costs for both standard and climate-controlled storage units, in three different sizes related to 3-bedroom homes. The amount of property you have to store will determine the size you need.
- Standard: $95 to $150
- Climate Controlled: $150 to $180
- Standard: $120 to $200
- Climate Controlled: $200 to $275
- Standard: $165 to $300
- Climate Controlled: $285 to $400
We are a knowledgeable and experienced professional moving company and are used to clients needing their homes moved. We can handle moving your 3-bedroom house; we have a sanitized truck fleet to keep your property protected and will help you with the logistics and scheduling of your move with ease.
Don’t panic about your upcoming 3-bedroom move. Hire a professional moving company, plan out the moving details, and look ahead to your brand new home!