Apartment Moving Costs
Based on a total of 3,500 lbs worth of items to be moved the average price will carry on what quality of service you require and the distance to be covered.
Less Than 500 Miles
- Standard Cost: $1,600
- With Packing Services: $1,900
- With Movers’ Insurance: $1,900
- With Packing and Insurance Services: $2,100
500 To 1,000 Miles
- Standard Cost: $2,100
- With Packing Services: $2,300
- With Movers’ Insurance: $2,300
- With Packing and Insurance Services: $2,600
1,000 To 3,000 Miles
- Standard Cost: $3,800
- With Packing Services: $4,000
- With Movers’ Insurance: $4,000
- With Packing and Insurance Services: $4,200
Hiring A Professional Moving Company
Hiring professional movers is a great idea to ensure everything you own gets from point A to point B safely and it will save you many frustrations to let the professionals so the work. The final cost is dependent on any specific services you need, the company you use and the distance of your move. You may also face additional charges for special supplies and services, for example:
- Elevator carries
- Long carries
- Moving items up and down stairs
- Packing services and materials
- Shuttle service
- Temporary storage
While you should always get a one-site estimate from any moving company you are considering, the following will give you an idea of what you can expect:
Long-distance moves are in excess of 100 miles. Costs are measured based on the distance of the move, the weight of your property, and the fee for insurance and additional services on your property.
Moves less than 100 miles are usually considered a local move. Local movers usually charge an average rate of around $100 per hour for a truck and two movers. A two-bedroom apartment move typically takes 4 to 6 hours, estimating your move at about an average of $500 with prices ranging from $400 to $600 for labor alone. You may also be charged for special services and supplies.
You Pack, We Drive Services
A great way to save money is to do the packing yourself and then have professionals move and drive your possessions.
Cost Saving Tips For A Two Bedroom Apartment Move
Be sure take into consideration the following:
- Ask about the service elevator.
- Be sure to measure all hallways, doorways, and stairways before you move.
- Leave your old apartment in the same state as when you moved in.